It was a joy to be with you in Chicago. This mini-website will help you deepen what we discussed and
apply it now that
you are home.
Here is what we discussed about being Your Own Spiritual Coach
- All personalities have parts that originate in fear (such as anger, jealousy, resentment) and parts that originate in love (such as gratitude, appreciation, patience).
- The parts that originate in fear always create painful experiences and destructive consequences when you act on them.
- The parts that originate in love always create good feeling experiences and constructive consequences when you act on them.
- If you are unaware of frightened parts of your personality, they will act on your behalf. This is an unconscious choice, for example, you become angry and shout because that is what you have always done, or withdraw and pout.
- When you become aware of the different parts of your personality, you can choose which ones you want to act on (put on the court) and which you do not want to act on (keep benched).
- Only you can choose to act on a frightened or loving part of your personality, and only for yourself. Others must do the same for themselves.
- The more you become aware of the different parts of your personality, the more ability you develop to choose which of them you will challenge when they are active (keep on the sideline) and which you will cultivate (put on the court).
- The more you sideline the parts of you personality that create painfully and destructively, and the more you play the parts that create joyfully and constructively, the better a coach you become. This is how you develop mastery in your life.